Tuesday, April 16, 2013

She let herself go.. A story about myself, but applies to so many...


She quit wearing makeup. It didn't help her feel pretty and it couldn't cover up the sadness in her eyes so it seemed pointless. She quit fixing her hair. Everyday was a ponytail or hair covered with a hat day. She even quit going to a hair stylist to get her hair cut. She would cut it at home by herself.. it didn't really matter much what it looked like because it was in the ponytail or hiding behind a hat. Her smile was fake if it was even there on her face at all. She was tired and out of breath all the time. Too tired to chase kids. Too tired to cook dinner. Fast food became the norm. She quit wearing fitting clothes and started choosing baggy pants and sweatshirts to cover herself up. She would take a shower and make sure to not make eye contact with herself in the mirror afterwards. She couldn't bare to look at herself naked.

She'd let herself go.

This is my story. I'd let myself go and I am here to shout it to the mountain tops that it doesn't have to be this way!!! WAKE UP!!!!! Snap out of it!!!

I look back at what my life was just a couple of years ago and how it's drastically changed for the better. I finally got control of my life. I put myself first. I made time for myself. I got a hold of myself.

Fitness is a part of who I am now, but the bigger picture is that I choose to be healthy. Healthy feels good.

I smile now and it's a true, happy smile! 

Yes, everyone has a bad day occasionally, but if you start your day with a positive attitude, you can accomplish anything.

And stop it with all the diets. Please just forget the word D-I-E-T. Think of your eating as FUEL! Fuel your body!! Use that fuel to get moving! Go for a walk, a run, a spin.. pick up a weight, a sandbag, something heavy! Feel your body come to life!

It's never too late!

You are beautiful.

I want to help people see that they can do things they never thought possible. I've been there.. I can relate.

I want everyone to know that you DO have time for yourself. Make an effort and make it a priority.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Your journey is YOUR journey. Do not compare to anyone else's. Set your own goals and then go for it! You got this! Let's do this!!!

Where are you in your journey? What are your goals? 
Do you need some motivation??

 Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. As always you put it in a way that strikes a nerve or hits a little to close to home. But you are inspiring knowing that you have been there and you know what this place feels like and you have pulled yourself out of this place blazing the way for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I share, to let people know I'm real. Thanks for the comment, Whitney ;)

      You're beautiful! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Kelly,
    Thank you for this. You are such an inspiration and motivator. I am in the middle of my journey. I love the part about no more diets!!! That is so big. Lifestyle and fuel not diet.thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Becca :)
      You're doing awesome and I love watching you work hard! Thanks for reading and stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  3. The sun is providing me with some motivation. Our winters are so long and dark, and cold and brutal that all I want to do is hibernate. Once I start seeing signs of spring I feel much more motivated to get out and get active!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya girl! I'd like to see some signs of spring around these parts too.. It's been pretty chilly lately. Hope you get some nice warm sunshine soon! :)

      Delete
  4. I feel so bad about myself. It's only a week ago that I feel that I really committed doing my workout and watch what I eat, except for the last weekend which my sister came to visit. I however didn't feel like I overindulge during the fun outing. Yet, when I step on a scale on Monday morning, I gain 1kg. I'm doing better on the week when I slip workout and not paying attention to what I eat. :(

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are highs and lows in this journey... Just keep your chin up and moving forward. Think of each day as a new beginning and do not dwell on a meal that you think you went overboard on.. Just keep trying to do better :)
      Hand in there chick! xoxo

      Delete
  5. WOW---and as it would happen to be I am just back from vacation and for the last three days no excersize, no shower last night or this morning, my hair is in a ponytail and I'm wearing baggy jeans and a very loose t-shirt at work and NO makeup either.
    So yeah....this chick is getting back in gear...tonight! Thanks for this great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Crack the whip girl! ;) Have an awesome day and a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this post. I am that girl as well. Your post has brought me to tears. I hope that I have enough in me to get to the happy place again! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chin up, you absolutely have it in you to get to the happy place! You got this girl!

      Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete
  7. boy did i need to hear this tonight! especially the quit with the diets stuff. you are *the* woman! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! So happy I could be that whisper in your ear :)

      Delete
  8. I am that girl too. For about 3 years I been trying to lose weight and become more healthy. I have the tools, the knowledge, but I can keep myself motivated to do it all the time. I keep losing and gaining the same 10lbs...Today I found your blog by mistake and what a blessing... thanks for this post, I really needed to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're awesome! I just got certified as a group instructor, but THIS post of yours is exactly why I want to do personal training as well. We are ALL ALWAYS capable of so much more than we think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment, Elizabeth! You're so right. We are so much more capable than we think. We fall into this pit of crap and it's tough to climb out of sometimes, but man! Once you start climbing, you see things from a whole new perspective!! Great job on getting your group cert! That's fantastic! Changing lives daily :)

      Have an awesome day!

      Delete

I heart comments !